Anyone looking to add a new finish to their home or even revitalize a property, stucco is something to consider. It is exceptionally durable and also beautiful, making it the perfect option for anyone looking to add some sophistication to their property. It is an excellent home siding product that has found common ground in modern construction and is chosen by many property owners because of its unique properties. It is much more resistant to damage than other forms of siding and has the bonus of adding an elegant feel to any room used.
What is Stucco Made From?
Traditional stucco is made from a mix of Portland cement, sand, water, and limestone. It is generally applied in three steps. The three stages of application involve using a trowel over a base layer of mesh and paper. This creates the extremely durable material that we refer to as stucco. It is generally easy to apply to any service and also looks excellent, making it a perfect coating choice for anyone looking to do some easy renovations to their walls.
Other than traditional stucco, a one-coat stucco uses a styrofoam backing instead of one of the coats used in the conventional process. This form of stucco Styrofoam siding has become more prevalent in modern times as it is more cost-effective and speeds up the process.
There is also an exterior option. The external insulation and finishing system, often referred to as EIFS stucco, combines synthetic stucco layers to cover a building. This is an excellent option for waterproofing a structure as it is easy to apply and does a beneficial job at keeping the water out.
Why Use Stucco?
Along with being extremely durable and improving the aesthetic of any building, stucco has some other benefits associated with it as well. When it is properly installed, it provides a reliable shield for any facility that it is applied to. Some of the other benefits of stucco include:
· It is too fire-resistant, meaning you do not have to worry about fire risks if applied to your property.
· Provides excellent siding insulation and protection from the elements. This makes it perfect for New York homes as the winters can be pretty chilly, and the stucco helps keep the heat inside.
· It is excellent for waterproofing. Leaking is never an ideal situation, and the application of stucco is a great way to prevent this. The plaster makes a great sealant and prevents any water from seeping through the roof of your property.
· This is great for soundproofing. The busy streets of New York mean that you are continually experiencing a lot of noise. Applying stucco to your walls is an excellent way of soundproofing your property, giving you some much-needed peace.
· Offers versatility. Stucco can be customized in its design, making it extremely popular. Its texture and design can be customized to your preferences, making it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to add unique elements to their property.
Why Does Stucco Crack?
While stucco does provide a unique finish to any property, and it is also very durable, there are occasions where it can crack. This is usually the case when the stucco is not prepared or installed correctly. For this reason, it is advised that you consider a stucco contractor, NY.
The preparation can be done incorrectly when the Portland cement is poorly mixed with the other elements that create stucco. If the stucco is applied inconsistently, it creates areas where it is thinner than others, causing it to crack. This process can be accelerated when the stucco is exposed to harsh weather conditions.
For this reason, we recommend that you contact a stucco installation contractor. We are a stucco contractor in Brooklyn that can assist you with whatever your needs are.
Stucco Repair Jobs
When considering stucco repair, many different factors come into play. Some of these factors include the building’s size, how bad the damage is, and others.
Easy stucco repair is what we strive to achieve, and we provide several different repair jobs. We are qualified for any of your needs, and some of the stucco services we offer include:
· Synthetic stucco repair
· We remove stucco from brick
· Easy stucco repair
· Synthetic stucco installation
Stucco is an excellent investment for any property owner, as it protects your property and it is low maintenance. There are many stucco pros and cons; however, the pros outweigh the cons.
So, should you be looking for a concrete stucco company, you can contact us. We are a synthetic stucco company that can assist you with all your stucco needs. Contact us so that we can be your stucco finish company.